[Wolves] Lug Radio Show

Dave Morley davmor2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 11:05:32 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 10:33 +0000, Kevanf1 wrote:
> On 12/12/2007, Ron Wellsted <ron at wellsted.org.uk> wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 02:04:32PM +0000, Chris Maggs wrote:
> > > Has anyone considered taking some recording equipment (basic stuff
> > > obviously!) to the Xmas Party and making some sort of Xmas Special for
> > > Lug Radio?
> > >
> > > We could discuss the year in Linux and F&OSS and have a general chat
> > > about stuff. May be worth a shot! Anyone agree?
> > >

> > > Chris
> >
> > This was tried several years ago.  Due to technical problems and the
> > totaly random content, the results were not usable...
> >
> > It might be worth trying again.
> >

> It can work but it would need to be co-ordinated from the start not
> done in a random manner.  It would need somebody to at least announce
> that they would be going round to individual groups and then just
> 'politely' butting into and asking what the general topic of
> conversation is in that group.  Give it 5 minutes of recording then
> move on to another group.
>
> Think of how professional roving radio reporters do it in the street.

Then However it stops being the xmas bash and starts to become a
structured meeting.  That's just not Wolveslug.  It's a time for general
banter and a laugh (mostly at my expense if I get the "the microsoft
user group down the road is more popular" joke).  It's something to
celebrate and be cheerful about, that can't be structured you lose the
whole point.
--
Seek That Thy Might Know