[Wolves] EEEPC success likely to spawn rivals

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Dec 13 16:00:29 GMT 2007

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 03:10:43PM +0000, ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin wrote:
> Get ready for some cracking deals in the new year
>
> Don't buy an Eee PC just yet I bet the price goes down.

Too late, I already have two.

> http://www.pcretailmag.com/news/29112/EEE-PC-success-likely-to-spawn-rivals

Not really surprising. Intel kicked this off with the Classmate which was at
least partly an exercise by them to test the market. AIUI they actually want
OEMs to make competitive devices (using Intel chipsets of course) which has
already started with the EEE (and others).

I can see a number of companies making these things given the popularity of
the EEE both here and abroad.

Cheers,
Al.