[Wolves] Laptop Sound

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 01:07:52 GMT 2007

Broadfield Robert wrote:

> Well, earlier this week I upgraded to Gutsy (ubuntu 7.10) and when I
> logged in I noticed that the sound now works.  I plan to use Audacity
> and I hope to install a sound mixer/sequencer etc. in the New Year for
> recording, MIDI etc.  Anyone now the best packages to use and would be
> willing to show me how they work (perhaps using JACK) at a future LUG
> meeting?

I'm not a great expert on the subject but could perhaps do a demo and
mini-talk on Rosegarden if you'd find it useful. There are others in the
LUG who have experience of the audio recording side of things - perhaps
someone could give an overview of this in a second mini-talk on the same
night?

(cue rabid Jokosher enthusiasts)

Regards,

James