[Wolves] How do I unlock apt get?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 10:26:56 GMT 2007

Sorry guys, I got the name wrong :-(  well, I was just starting to get
a migraine when I sent that mail...that'll teach me to wait.

Ok, it is the gui updater on Kubuntu 7.10 which is of course 'adept'.
It locked up when I tried to install Java, I know...  but I needed it
as I was going through the router logs and Firefox asked for the Java
plug in so I fired up adept....blah, blah, blah.  That didn't work and
threw up an error stating that it would break something if it
continued to install.  I cam out of that and tried again only to find
it locked.  I did find that the same had happened to somebody else
when they tried to install Java (not the latest version either).
Anyway, I know that there is a very simply command that is entered at
the CLI that will release apt and subsequently adept.  I just can't
find it :-(  I thought somebody had mentioned it on here before?
Maybe I'm wrong?  Until I can unlock it I can't update my Kubuntu box
and hence I am open to security vulnerabilites :-(