[Wolves] New Server to setup!

Mark Harrison mark at yourpropertyexpert.com
Fri Dec 21 11:09:18 GMT 2007

My experience was the same (albeit with IBM servers and Ubuntu rather than
CentOS).

1: Use the hardware manufacturer utilities to configure the RAID array

2: Install the OS as if onto a single disk

No experience with CentOS, I'm afraid - we went with Ubuntu because it was
free BUT there was the option of commercial support at a later date, either
from the manufacturer or a whole host of third parties if we decided that
looking after the servers ourselves wasn't what we wanted to do.

Has it been stable? Well, one of our servers is still running "5.10"
(Breezy), which as the version number indicates was released in October 05.

Mark