[Wolves] Introduction and other stuff...

Jen Phillips jetlaglug at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 6 14:02:41 GMT 2007

On 06/02/07, Steven Welton <steven.welton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all, this is my first post in the mail shot...

Hello!

>  I use win XP on 2 machines at home, and really
> want to move over to Linux as a main OS, and then only keep windows xp in a
> boot partition for compatability.

That's fairly easy to do, and entirely sensible.

> So, next question, what distro?  I am keen on Suse 10.2 and Ubuntu.  I have
> edubuntu installed on a G4 for my kid, he seems pretty happy with it (he's
> 7, I'm 34)

Personally, I'm an Ubuntu person. Various other people are too, so you
should be able to get help on this list with most aspects of it. SuSE
seem pretty good, and I was generally happy when I ran it as my main
OS a few years ago. I could never quite get along with YAST, though.

> I run a music studio...

I'm sure the word "Jokosher" will become very familiar to you in a
very short space of time, but I leave it to those more qualified than
myself.

> Please be gentle, I'm not a noob but I'm no master at Linux, and any Apple
> aficionados amongst you have a new friend!

You and me both. Apart from the Apple thing - I've not used one of
them in over a decade.

Look forward to meeting you!

Hugs,

Jen