[Wolves] Offer: Digital Alpha Server 800 5/400

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 16 20:04:31 GMT 2007

--- James Turner <james at turnersoft.co.uk> wrote:

> Adam Sweet wrote:
>
> > Either you can collect from my house by car or
> wait
> > for the show and tell at the next meeting assuming
> > can make it and I will bring it and you can take
> it
> > home with you.
> >
> > I'll have to see if I can dig out my ZX81 for the
> show
> > and tell :)
>
> Possible show-and-tell items from me if anyone's
> interested:
>
> Sun 3/60 discless workstation
>   See:
> http://sunstuff.org/hardware/systems/sun3/sun3/3-60/
>   Probably not going to be bootable/usable on the
> day, due to
>   server-side requirements I've never managed to get
> working. :(
>
> Acorn StrongARM RiscPC
>   See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risc_PC
>   Might even get ARMLinux running on it if I can
> still find the
>   hard disc with it on.
>
> Various Acorn Archimedes, A3000 and BBC Master
> Compact, set up as Econet
> fileserver and stations (old-school retro).
>   See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acorn_Archimedes
>        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Master

Jeez James. Perhaps we should have some kind of award
for the oldest piece of working computer technology.

I'm optimistic with my ZX81, but if Sparkes were still
around, I'm sure he had a ZX80. No doubt Ron has a few
gems. No abacus or analytical engine jokes here
though...

Ad

--

http://blog.adamsweet.org/