[Wolves] Online petition to use Linux

stephen welch stephenwelch at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 19 20:54:37 GMT 2007

I'm with you on this one Kevanf1.  I am not even a Linux newbie yet as I
cant even get my wireless driver to work with dual boot to Ubuntu but.....

I work in schools and why would I want my money spent on something when I
can get roughly the same for less.  Less is more.  More for education,
crime, roads, disabled facilities at schools, special needs education, ICT
School Techs (oops) etc, etc.

I read somewhere that we have the lowest european level of students taking
ICT at uni - that does not smell good for the future  Does that correlate
with numbers in the UK for MS vs Linux when compared to our european
neighbours??

I also agree re open standards though as well.

As with most petitions the Government will LISTEN!

Stephen