[Wolves] Off topic about atari

Rob Malpass rob at malpass133.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Feb 25 10:26:07 GMT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Morley" <davmor2 at gmail.com>
To: "Wolves Lug" <Wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2007 7:25 PM
Subject: [Wolves] Off topic about atari

> Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:44:30 +0000 (GMT)
> From: "Steve Wilson" <sirocco_software at yahoo.com>
> View Contact Details
> Subject: Atari ST file transfer
> To: wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
>
> Apologies fior this blatently off-topic posting (and
> from a newbie!!), but I met someone in a town centre
> shop today (no, honestly) who suggested there could
> well be someone here who could help me.
>
> I need to transfer some files between a Supra hard
> drive (for the Atari ST) and a PC. The ST's floppy
> drive isn't working (I suspect the controller chip)
> and I've got nowhere with a null modem cable. Has
> anyone got an ST, or knows about them. Naturally we
> can take this to private email as soon as contact is
> established.
>
> Once again, my apologies to the list in general.
>
> TIA,
> -Steve Wilson
>
> I met Steve and suggested he post here so if anyone can help that'll
> be great.  I had a rough idea but not entirely sure how.  Apparently
> his post didn't get through to the list so I have posted it here for
> him.
>
> --
> Seek That Thy Might Know

> --
> 13:26

It's been a long time, but (IIRC), could an Amiga not read ST disks?   I had
an Amiga and I'm pretty sure a mate of mine fiddled with the mountlist to
get the Amiga to read ST disks.   No direct help I know, but it might widen
the net if there's an Amiga out there that could help you presumably via
CrossDOS.

Cheers
Rob