[Wolves] Open Source 3D Nvidia drivers pledge drive

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Sun Jan 7 13:52:16 GMT 2007

The Nouveau project is a project aiming to write open source 3D drivers
for Nvidia video cards. David Nielsen, a person unconnected to Nouveau,
has started a pledge drive to aid the project:

"I will pledge at least $10 USD towards the development of the open source
nouveau driver for the nvidia card series but only if 1,000 other people
will too."  http://www.pledgebank.com/nouveaudriver

His motivations: http://lovesunix.net/blog/?p=153

The Nouveau project currently have glxgears (mostly) running, it is still
under heavy development:

Nouveau project: http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/
Status update: http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/NouveauCompanion_10

As I write this, 300 or so signatures are needed by Feb 8th 2007. I must
be clear:
- The pledge is an independent effort (not requested by the project)
- The donation is without strings

Thanks for reading. Please join the pledge.

Alex