[Wolves] Open Office org question..

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 16:17:36 GMT 2007

On 08/01/07, chris procter <chris-procter at talk21.com> wrote:
> --- Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Here's one that's a little different :-)  When I
> > start up Open Office
> > (Writer in this case) I am presented with a default
> > untitled document.
> >  It's all ready to go etc but it's not what I
> > usually want :-(  I have
> > a number of custom templates saved and I normally
> > want to use one of
> > these, being a creature of habit :-)))  So, my
> > question is, does
> > anybody know how I can have Open Office start up
> > Writer with a totally
> > empty workspace, i.e. no document at all loaded?
>
> No, but if you start openoffice with
> soffice -o [templatename]
> it will open the template rather then a blank
> document.
>
> chris

Yes, but it may not be that specific template.  I see what you mean
Chris but my memory is terrible and I wouldn't be able to remember the
template name.  I like to scroll down through the available templates
and pick the one to open.  At the moment I can do this but I have page
already generated (untitled) in the background.  Ok, it's not much
hassle to simply close that one but surely it shouldn't have to be
that way.  It means more mouse buttons pressed which is not good when
you have arthritis in your fingers.  I'm sure others must be in this
boat.

Don't take it to the tip recycle it via the Freecycle(r) Network.

For a group near to you look here:
Worldwide
http://www.freecycle.org/

United Kingdom