[Wolves] Open Office org question..

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 22:59:50 GMT 2007

--- James Turner <james at turnersoft.co.uk> wrote:

> On Monday 08 January 2007 20:36, chris procter
> wrote:
> > > Good idea :-)  nice one Ad :-)  It's certainly a
> > > solution in the short
> > > term.  I've contacted the guys at OOo to see if
> > > there is a long term
> > > solution to it.
> >
> > The good news is you can start OOo without an open
> > document because thats what my home pc does, the
> bad
> > news is I have no idea how I got it to do it. :-(
>
> Just tried:
>
> ooffice -help
>
> The list of options suggests:
>
> ooffice -nodefault
>
> ("don't start with an empty document") ...but this
> seems to cause the program
> to run without opening any window at all. (what I'd
> expect from -invisible
> or -headless).
>
> Now when I just do:
>
> ooffice
>
> it opens a minimal window with a plain grey
> background - no document open. Not
> sure if it used to do this before - I could have
> sworn it opened Writer.
> Anyone else have any success with these options?

While trying out what James was on about, I couldn't
remember wether it was ooffice or oooffice (even
though the answer seems obvious thinking about it) so
I lazily tabbed to get the bash auto completion do the
hard word for me and I came across:

oofromtemplate

...which opens a file browser (which I assume will
remember your last location) and while this doesn't
seem any easier to me than creating a launcher for
each template you use regularly, it does do what I
think Kevan wants, so maybe create a launcher for
that.

Ad

PS Note to self: stop buying doughnuts when they're on
special and then trying to eat them all before they
become inedible, you're getting fatter by the day.

--

http://blog.adamsweet.org/