[Wolves] Things I have learn't in the last 16 hours

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 11 20:31:23 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 20:00 +0000, Ron Wellsted wrote:
> Cryptic clue: a cow going to the ocean might walk through this.  (email
> me off list and out of public view if you want confirmation)
>
> I was involved in a project where 2 s

> (cryptic clue: not oriental, not analog).
[snip]

> The original manufacturer has sent since us 4 of their new 750GB
> (workstation) drives and 4 of the "S" drives.  Again, when built into a
> RAID (h/w or s/w) 0, 1, 5 or 10 the workstation drives will corrupt the
> filesystem under heavy load.  The "S" drives work perfectly, even when
> serving files close to 1Gb/s (we have a VERY nice toybox to play with
> which almost fills 2 x 45U racks).

Hello Ron,

I envy you your toybox, but your cryptic clues could be a little
more cryptic ;-)
How about
``Shaken steering a wild route to setting sun by fingers''
?

The first manufacturer is a little harder to do one for, but
how about:
``NSA Linux, a gem?''?

 - Richard

Richard Smedley,                                         rs at m6-it.org
Technical Director,                                     www.M6-IT.org
                                              A PRINCE2 aware company

Web services * Back-ups * Support * Training & Certification * E-Mail
M6-IT CIC ``Software Freedom for the Education and Voluntary Sector''

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee
Registered in England & Wales,               Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT