[Wolves] BBC OSS Show

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Wed Jan 17 13:36:35 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 14:00 +0000, chris procter wrote:
> --- James Dalley <j.dalley at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> > You may have already seen this on the ubuntu uk list
> > but thought it is not only ubuntu specific so heres
> > the link for everyone:
> >

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/news/inbusiness/inbusiness.shtml
> >
> > Shame to hear things like its an experiment, but
> > some of its good..
> >
> > James D
>
> Its worth a listen but it came across as if the
> presenter really didn't know what open source is, and
> was stuggling to understand it throughout the program,
> rather then knowing what he was talking about and
> trying to explain it to the listeners.

Which is hardly surprising. The vast majority of the UK populous (and
thus Radio 4 listenership) have no clue what Open Source is.

I thought it worked well because those listeners who don't know about
what we do will empathise with him and be more likely to listen to the
answers because the questions he asked are the same ones your average
Joe would ask.

Cheers,
Al.