[Wolves] Fri^WSaturday Fun

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Sun Jan 28 01:53:27 GMT 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 19:46 +0000, Zeth Green wrote:
> Firefox is by fate rather than choice. Except that it is called "Bon
> Echo" in Gentoo (for the same reason it is IceWeasel in Debian).
>
> Loves

> 3. It renders pages very well. So much so that web is being slowly
> recreated in Gecko's image.

Do you mean that a significant number of sites are being developed with
Gecko in mind? Are these sites outside the geek-sphere? If so, cool!

> Hates

> 2. It is not very intelligent, especially the annoying dialogs, most
> of which could be removed if the program just recorded system data
> properly. For example, if you want to just quit the application and
> get on with your life, and you close multiple tabs, Firefox often
> records that as a crash and asks you whether you want to restore your
> previous session.

I couldn't agree more with that one. I wish I could tell Firefox: Start
a new session and never ask again. If I want to recover my session, I'll
do it in the History menu. Infact I'm off to check bugzilla.

Alex

PS Sorry for the double post. The second was meant for PyWM.