[Wolves] USB to serial cable

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 14:33:28 BST 2007

--- Lee Parkes <leep at bogus.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 01:07:54PM +0100, Adam Sweet
> wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone recommend an affordable USB to serial
> > cable, which is supported by the Linux USB Serial
> > drivers so I can configure Cisco routers and other
> > serial consoles from a Linux laptop which has only
> USB
> > ports.
>
> If memory serves, try Maplins. Can't remember how
> much, but if it doesn't work
> you can always take it back.

Umm, yeah, I forget sometimes that bricks and mortar
shops exist, not only Intenet stores. I did look at
Maplins a few weeks ago and they do sell them.

Following another Google marathon, I appear to have
found one at:

http://www.redstore.com/ATEMIC001

after froogling the product IDs listed at:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Controlling_DirectTV_D11_via_USB

Thanks for your help and sorry to trouble everyone.

Ad - just hopes they work

--

http://blog.adamsweet.org/