[Wolves] Konqueror and Internet Explorer 7

Zeth Green theology at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 16:28:17 BST 2007

On 10/07/07, Philip Harper <ph004h7245 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm developing a site, and so far I've made it look very nice with some
> CSS/CSS2 style sheets.  Mainly I use firefox.
>
> around that.....and then I come to looking at my site in M$ IE7, and oh
> my god, it completely makes a hash of all my stylesheet.

Yup, such is life, standard compliant CSS and IE have not had the best
relationship.

> Anyway, does anyone know about Konqueror, whether there is a similar fix
> for the style sheet problem in Konqueror?

I personally have found that if a site passes the W3 validators, works
in Firefox and looks passable in IE, then it should be fine in
Konqueror too.

I am not a KDE user so I do not know how many sites break on it or how
close to Safari it still is, but Konqueror and Apple's Safari have a
shared origin, so it is worth trying to get it to work for Konqueror
before you walk over the the Mac and try Safari.