Meetup.com (was Re: Forked Lug Meet Lists (was RE: Fwd: Re: [Wolves] LIST))

Chris Fox chris at robotninja.net
Tue Jul 17 19:21:03 BST 2007

David Morley wrote:
> I think part of the problem is that the list is in both single and bulk
> content.  People replying to the single mails and it comes through fine
> on the bulk though it gets referenced.  Plus we just update the website
> so we don't need upcoming anymore because yet again wolflug account
> seems to of been denied access. Plus it is now yahoo/msn upcoming.org
> <http://upcoming.org> :)

(blimey, is getting further and further away from Rob's original point,
sorry!)

I don't really think that yahoo's purchase of upcoming really makes much
difference either way, but if there are problems using it then it's fair
enough.

However, I think that we should consider publishing the LUG meetings on
meetup.com - it could be a good way of allowing people to find us who
don't necessarily know what a LUG is. A quick search for "linux" in
Wolverhampton, Great Britain comes up with thirteen people who have put
their name forward wanting to be notified when a Linux Meetup near
Wolverhampton starts. There are also smaller lists of people awaiting
meetups specifically for RedHat, Debian and other related topics.

If it's what people want, I'd be happy to set it all up on behalf of the
LUG.

Any thoughts?

Chris