[Wolves] Sick of M$

the.lock.keeper at ukonline.co.uk the.lock.keeper at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 01:37:33 BST 2007

It gets everywhere.  Microsoft sure know how to market.  I just watched Click on
the Beeb.  Most of the programme was about what Microsoft are doing with
"schools of the future" (laptops/internet access via wi-fi and smartcards for
recording attendance).  They are going overboard spending tons of money on a few
"pilot schemes" in American schools with the aim of rolling these systems out
worldwide.

It seems that for many years to come children will be brought up knowing only
one operating system.  No wonder M$ screen adverts to business showing their
systems as "people ready".  Just one more example of the (imperfect) Market in
which Linux competes.

However, I had to laugh when tonight I also saw a PC World advert for anti-virus
software stating that a third of PC's they repair have viruses on them.  I bet
none of these were Linux machines.  This gives me a fiendish idea.  Why don't we
rig up a Linux machine with an obvious fault and see how they get on with
repairing" it.

Rob