[Wolves] Sick of M$

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 11:13:03 BST 2007

--- Suntish Narain
<suntish_narain at suntish-narain.co.uk> wrote:

> Rob,
>
> i bought a laptop from PC World last October, took
> the insurance on it, which entitles me for a free
> health check. My laptop is a HP Pavilion. A couple
> of weeks ago, i brought my laptop to PC World for
> the health check i was entitled, they refused to do
> it, saying that i have partitioned my hard disk with
> Ubuntu. Even though i had Windows XP on it, they
> told me that the warranty that i had was voided as
> well, just because i has Ubuntu installed. I have
> been paying £12.99 per month for that extended
> insurance.
> It's not fair.
>
> Suntish.

I would have been tempted to shout loudly at them and
threaten to report them to Watchdog or something.
Check your terms and conditions and see if they
mention it being voided by modifying the disk layout
or installed OS in anyway, they may say something less
specific.

Failing that, just go and shout loudly at them at a
peak sales time in front of loads of potential
customers or contact their head office with a written
compaint. It might embarrass them enough to reconsider
or offer you a refund.

While my understanding of what they actually do in the
health check and the contents of their T&Cs is naive,
I think this is disgusting treatment.

Ad

--

http://blog.adamsweet.org/