[Wolves] oops :)

chris procter chris-procter at talk21.com
Tue Mar 6 09:51:58 GMT 2007

--- Stuart Langridge <sil at kryogenix.org> wrote:

> > sudo rm -rf ~/test
> >
> > Spot the minor flaw?
> >
> > I'm now wondering how I can rebuild a system that
> has
> > no ls, cp, mv, mount, bash, rpm etc.
>
> You div. :)

meh when watching tv and doing complicated things as
root these things are to be expected but the sympathy
of your response warms my heart and helps nullify the
pain of my loss.

No, wait a minute, I mean fsck you, and the smtp
gateway you rode in on :)

(fsck is in /sbin so I can say that!)

> This is what livecds are for, by the way.

I dont think I actually own any suitable live CDs
(this is an old powerbook so its ppc) but I can boot
into ubuntu and cp over enough bits to get started.
Bootstraping an install of rpm from an rpm could be
interesting though.

> You have now earned your Intermediate Sysadmin
> badge. ;)

Cool! I'll get my mum to sew it onto my sleave
straight away. If I can fix it again using only two
sticks and a woggle will I earn my advanced badge?

chris