[Wolves] Shooting yourself in the foot

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 6 13:41:12 GMT 2007

> Anyone else care to step up and have tomoatoes thrown
> at them? Feel free to say it was a friend of a friend
> if you don't wish to compromise your future employer's
> google searches about you :)

Don't feel too bad, it only affected you.

This is one of my favourites, from the VAX days. Definitely wasn't
me [1], but I do know someone who was there at the time.

I don't know where the original USENET post is, but there
are two mirrors at:
http://www.ee.ryerson.ca/~elf/hack/recovery.html
http://lug.eecs.wsu.edu/node/414

> > Adam, I think you've just done this yourself mate
> > :-)  You've sent
> > this message to the Wolves Freecycle list too
> > :-)))))
>
> Yes I did and thats exactly what I thought when I
> realised. How embarrassing.
>
> Interestingly though, I have already had one reply :)
> Not from a guy with a story, but someone with an
> interest in Linux.

This put a smile on my face. Thanks :-)

 - Richard

[1] I was hacking guitars in those days, and my mistakes
did lead to much suffering ;^P

Richard Smedley,                                         rs at m6-it.org
Technical Director,                                     www.M6-IT.org
                                              A PRINCE2 aware company

Web services * Back-ups * Support * Training & Certification * E-Mail
M6-IT CIC ``Software Freedom for the Education and Voluntary Sector''

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee
Registered in England & Wales,               Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT