[Wolves] Just to let you know...

chris procter chris-procter at talk21.com
Thu Mar 8 09:30:15 GMT 2007

--- Dan Jones <djones9960 at gmail.com> wrote:
> David Morley wrote:
>
> > Just to let you know I've signed up to do ccna
> with the skills train.
> > Although not amazingly Linux orientated I though
> it might be of
> > interest. :)
> >
> > Has anyone any knowledge in this is it a good
> move?
> >
> > Course includes
> >
> > A+
> > N+
> > then CCNA
>
> Hi Dave
>
> Just an aside, but the Open University do a course
> which is supposed to
> prepare you for a CCNA.  You don't do the actual
> exam with them but it's
> supposed to prepare you and you get 30 points
> towards an OU degree.

http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/bin/p12.dll?C01T228
"Cisco Networking - Cisco Certified Network Associate
(CCNA)"  £545 starts May

The OU do some nice IT courses, although they
generally assume windows for the courseware they use
(I did a java course with them, the IDE they used was
windows only so I had to install it at work, write and
test everything at home using the sun jdk then import
it into the ide just before I sent it off to them to
get the file formats right, assignments were "word
readable" so I used .txt or rtf format which was fine)

chris