[Wolves] Apache question

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Wed Mar 21 10:20:46 GMT 2007

> I use the auto directory listings feature to browse part of a file
> system via http. ok great all works does the job, what I need to do is;
> when the server lists directories and files the links need to open files
> in a new window (using target='_blank') but click on a directory you
> just drill down one more layer. oh the listings are in an iframe hence
> the need to jump out if you click on a file.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_autoindex.html describes how
indexes work. If you're prepared to depend on JavaScript for this
feature then you could add some JS to the header file and have that
rewrite file links to have a target. Other than that...you'd probably
have to use an output filter, which I don't understand :)

sil

--
Also, thank you for reducing my productivity by introducing me to
bash.org