[Wolves] Unix Problem

chris procter chris-procter at talk21.com
Tue May 1 19:55:54 BST 2007

Well if your looking for a simple line ending dos2unix
type replacement script

awk '{print $0 "\r"}' < unix.txt > windows.txt

should (untested!) replace line feed with carriage
return line feed.

(awk scripts run on each line in the file, $0
indicates the entire line, \r is a carrigae return and
print apends a line feed anyway)

But if its more complex then that, what is the AIX
print spooler using to determine where to put the line
breaks? Is there a character sequence or is it
assuming  fixed length lines or somthing like that?

chris