[Wolves] Any PHP/MySQL experts who can help me?

Wayne waynelists at machx.co.uk
Wed May 9 01:24:03 BST 2007

Philip Harper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for all the suggestions....but I've tried most of them before!
>
> The dbcon.php file simply contains the standard PHP code I use to
> create a connection to the MySQL database.
>
> I think it is just a case of something working slightly different on
> the sourceforge server, as any PHP developer knows, PHP has so many
> different options and compilation options it is sometimes tricky to
> find which one is causing the problem on a different server that you
> are installing your system on, and it's often a case of just trying to
> make your scripts as portable as possible.  Maybe I'll raise a support
> request.

Probably a red herring, but I've had a LOAD of sessions problems which
just have a hint of the same problem as you(but could be completely
unrelated!)

In my case people could (try to) log in to gallery, it would go through
the motions and not log them in - session created but ignored
Ditto for another self written php/mysql log in application.

Then it would work perfectly for weeks and then not ad finitum.
Usually it wouldd work across the LAN but not from the outside world,
but sometimes it would work from outside but not from the lan.

It finally came down to (and i'm not sure I can describe this well
enough) - the  address that the session data was being held at -
one part of php was happy to dump it into /var/www/session/ (not real
location) and then couldn't find it on log out.

in my case the server thought its address was server.domain.com and put
the session in a relative path to that.
But when it was ferked (because I played with server name) it went
haywire and put the data in server.domain.com but tried to look for it
in www.domain.com for example.