[Wolves] Any PHP/MySQL experts who can help me?

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Wed May 9 07:06:40 BST 2007

> It finally came down to (and i'm not sure I can describe this well
> enough) - the  address that the session data was being held at -
> one part of php was happy to dump it into /var/www/session/ (not real
> location) and then couldn't find it on log out.
>
> in my case the server thought its address was server.domain.com and put
> the session in a relative path to that.
> But when it was ferked (because I played with server name) it went
> haywire and put the data in server.domain.com but tried to look for it
> in www.domain.com for example.

Yes, I've had similar problems in the past, and they can be difficult to
spot/discover.... session wise it's all down to the fact that the server
name is used in the cookie - so if the server name changes, the cookie
is no longer applicable, so you end up being logged out etc

David.
--
David Goodwin

[ david at codepoets dot co dot uk ]