[Wolves] Dependencies and Ubuntu 7.10

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 08:56:35 GMT 2007

On 07/11/2007, leei at webmail.co.za <leei at webmail.co.za> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry to bother you all again.
>
> I am using Ubuntu 7.10 and I am not sure if it is a bug or I am doing
> something wrong on my side but when installing new software it does not
> automatically install dependencies but it used to do this in Ubuntu 7.04
> and before.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards,
> Lee

Hmmm, it should install automatically if you are getting items from
the official Ubuntu repositories.  I have universe and multiverse
enabled on my Kubuntu 7.10 and haven't had any problems with
dependencies.  However, I have a feeling I have seen an option to
manually select dependencies.  It may seem to be a daft option but
sometimes one dependency can cause another to misbehave.  But if you
really want that library or other piece of software then I suppose
you'd want to opt for the manual side of things.

Have you perhaps changed a setting inadvertently?  Or maybe enabled an
unofficial repository?