[Wolves] Ubuntu 7.10 can't get any to versions to work!

ph004h7245 at blueyonder.co.uk ph004h7245 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 09:01:53 GMT 2007

Not sure what has happened here.

I've downloaded Ubuntu 7.10 from ubuntu.com and on trying to install it
seems to think my hard drive is SCSI instead of IDE and messes up the
partitions so the system dosen't boot.

So I tryed Kubuntu 7.10 instead, again downloading direct from Ubuntu,
this time, on booting the CD I create with an image it comes up with a
scrolling message of something like "bash: cannot access dev/null"
dev/null I assume to be the unix/linux "black hole" that is used to erase
files.

So I'm stuck using windows for now, I may go back to my previous tried and
tested dapper 6.06 LTS, as I'm sure there are bound to be some teething
problems as 7.10 is such a new release.