[Wolves] Ancient laptop up for grabs

Zeth Green theology at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 13:59:37 GMT 2007

On 08/11/2007, Dave Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > To be honest, this is only really suitable for FreeDOS.
> Not true it would be an excellent thin client Ltsp stylee :)

Not to put the boot in anymore, but I think it is even too low spec
for that: CPU of 75 MHz is not a lot. You will also need to add an
Ethernet card unless it has one already:

"For using the default, secure mode of LTSP, you'll need to have a
slightly faster CPU. Any 233 MHz or better CPU should provide
acceptable performance.
If you have slower clients, in the range of 133 MHz to 233 MHz, you
may be able to use them, if you're willing to reduce the security of
your thin client network. More on this in the Administration section.
For the best possible performance, a 533 MHz processor will provide a
first class thin client desktop experience."
http://doc.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/handbook/C/server-hw.html#id2751308