[Wolves] Meetings

Chris Fox chris at robotninja.net
Thu Nov 8 14:35:57 GMT 2007

On 8 Nov 2007, at 14:19, Adam Sweet wrote:

> Dave Morley wrote (amongst other things):
>> 2/  Mine, Pub, Mine, Spice Avenue (probably).

This gets my vote.

> For me, being as I gave up drinking, I'm not particularly sociable any
> more and I'm a tight wad now I have bills to pay, I prefer meetings at
> your gaff and in fact am more likely to come as it costs me nothing and
> parking is easy. I'm inclined to go for a meal too when I can spare the
> cash.
>
> I don't go to the pub meets, but come to the meets at yours when I can.
> I don't think I'm a majority case though, so this rotation plan seems
> reasonable to me, the order of rotation doesn't matter to me. Pub meets
> might suit most people more than me.
>
> I'll continue to attend when I can, but am unlikely to attend pub
> meets.
> I prefer it when we can mill around with laptops and other devices
> showing each other stuff and you can't do this as easily in a
> restaurant
> or at all in a pub if you value your equipment.

I think I'm much the same - it'd be nice to have more "hands-on"
meetings. Yesterday was a laugh because it randomly turned into an
ad-hoc installfest, and it'd be good to have a few more talks in my
opinion (still waiting, Morley...)! I'd have been less inclined to sit
around through a LUG meet in the pub with a pink iMac sat next to me,
and I'm sure Ad wouldn't have been keen on carrying it through town
after dark either ;-)

Also, one idea which might be worth considering is inviting the
neighbouring LUGs to the talks - new faces and fresh blood to the LUG
is always good in my book.

I also think that the meals are pretty popular, and I'd definitely be
up for mixing up the venue a bit. Curry, pie, pub grub, Chinese - I'm
happy as long as I get fed! The downside of this is obviously that new
people will have to watch the list/website to see where we're going to
be, but that's the case now anyway because we might be at yours, at
t'pub, or occasionally at the Pie Factory.

Cheers,

Chris
--
Chris Fox (chris at robotninja.net)
And now, for something completely different...