[Wolves] Windows Sharing Properties

chris procter chris-procter at talk21.com
Mon Nov 12 18:02:22 GMT 2007

Paraphrasing the windows help files:-

Read allows reading of files and folders and executing programs
Change allows adding and deleting files and folders, and changing the contents of files
Full control allows read and change permissions plus the ability to change file permissions

Sadly windows permissions dont map to unix permissions very precisely, its one of the reasons why samba is a hack(*).

chris

*  not the samba teams fault of course