[Wolves] Linux man pages

Chris Maggs chrismaggs at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 11:56:48 GMT 2007

Excellent stuff guys, thanks to all for the help. I was pretty close;
not bad for a first attempt at shell scripting even if I say so
myself!

I'll buy you all a pint in the LUG Radio Live 2008 show :)

Thanks again

Chris

PS > Is it just me or are there to many people called Chris on this list?

On 15/11/2007, Stuart Langridge <sil at kryogenix.org> wrote:
> On 11/15/07, chris procter <chris-procter at talk21.com> wrote:
> > cmd=(grep ls ps pwd umount)
> >
> > echo "Creating text files. This may take a while!"
> >
> > for (( i = 0; i <= ${#cmd} ; i++ ))
> >
> > do
> >
> >     echo "creating ${cmd[$i]}.txt"
> >
> >     man ${cmd[$i]} > ${cmd[$i]}.txt
> >
> > done
> >
> > echo -e "Woohoo! Finished :)"
>
> Just in case I'm missing something here...
>
> What's wrong with
>
> for f in grep ls ps pwd mount; do man $f > $f.txt; done
>
> sil
>
> --
> New Year's Day --
> everything is in blossom!
> I feel about average.
>    -- Kobayashi Issa

My GNU/Linux Machines

CPU : 2.8 GHz Genuine P4
RAM : 512Mb Dual Channel DDR
OS : Fedora Core 6 Kernel 2.6.18

CPU : 733 MHz  PIII
RAM : 256Mb PC100 SD-RAM
OS : No OS yet; awaiting new HDD (Debian planned)

Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 running Zynergy ROM
266Mhz with 32mb RAM
Wireless b active

Nokia N770 Debian Linux based SmartPhone
Wireless b/g active
Holux M-1000 Bluetooth SatNav Reciever linked to phone

"Linux - The choice of the GNU generation!"

Registered GNU/Linux user - #419550