[Wolves] OT xfree86 & LPI101

Chris Maggs chrismaggs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 16:58:07 GMT 2007

I bought that book to :(

Another miffed Chris

On 19/11/2007, Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19/11/2007, Chris Fox <chris at robotninja.net> wrote:
> >
> > Kevanf1 wrote:

> > > Isn't that the case with most Linux books?  I have the Ubuntu Hacks
> > > one and a lot of that is already out of date :-(
> >
> > yeah but the date on the page i linked to is 1/1/2006, and the book was
> > published in 2006, so I think i have the right to be slightly narked!
> >

> I agree but it means that the book was probably written back in late
> 2004 early 2005.  I know how long it can take for a book to hit the
> shelves....
> --

My GNU/Linux Machines

CPU : 2.8 GHz Genuine P4
RAM : 512Mb Dual Channel DDR
OS : Fedora Core 6 Kernel 2.6.18

CPU : 733 MHz  PIII
RAM : 256Mb PC100 SD-RAM
OS : No OS yet; awaiting new HDD (Debian planned)

Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 running Zynergy ROM
266Mhz with 32mb RAM
Wireless b active

Nokia N770 Debian Linux based SmartPhone
Wireless b/g active
Holux M-1000 Bluetooth SatNav Reciever linked to phone

"Linux - The choice of the GNU generation!"

Registered GNU/Linux user - #419550