[Wolves] Nautilus file manager

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 09:28:53 GMT 2007

On 19/11/2007, Alex Willmer <alex at moreati.org.uk> wrote:
> Mo Awkati wrote:
> > Hi folk
> >
> > When I worked with KDE I used to be able to split the file manager
> > window into two or more windows which made life easy when transferring
> > files across from one folder to another. Is it possible to do the same
> > with Nautilus? I had looked on the Nautilus website but it only refers
> > to scripts and none do what I am looking for? Any ideas?
> >
> I couldn't find a 'nautilus commander', but I did find Gnome Commander.
> Has a 2 pane view and access to anything Nautilus does through Gnome
> VFS. Installable from Universe, laucnhes from Accessories. Any good?
>
> Alex

Or... bit of a cludge but you can set Nautilus to open with two or
more windows.  Resize them, place them side by side and drag and drop.
 The way to do it is in the set up or preferences somewhere.  I only
know this because I remember reading about some of the annoyances from
Nautilus (not personal as I've never used it so can't give a
viewpoint).