[Wolves] "New distrobution release '8.04' is avalible?" ?!

Rob Parker rfdparker2002 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Nov 26 23:18:08 GMT 2007

It's no problem, but just funny, I'm running a pretty fresh install of
7.10 on my laptop (although I did keep my /home partition which was
previously part of an Ubuntu install that went 6.06, 6.10, 7.04
pre-release, 7.04, 7.10 pre-realase, 7.10 via upgrades), and now
update-manager's telling me 8.04 (hard heron) is available, even though
the Hardy release cycle must have only just started a month ago.

I know that update-manager can be 'tricked' into upgrading into a new
versions via changing some update-manager-core file, as that's how I
upgraded to 7.10 pre-release in my previous install. But I haven't
touched this file and have no hardy repos in my sources.list
(attached).
Just wondering whether anyone else is encountering it, or whether it
could be to could be to do with update-manager files in old dot folders
in my home directory.

--
Rob Parker <rfdparker2002 at blueyonder.co.uk>
http://www.rfdparker2002.co.nr/