[Wolves] Compiz Fusion vs Beryl

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Sat Oct 6 12:10:33 BST 2007

On 05/10/2007, Chris Fox <chris at robotninja.net> wrote:

I'd stick with Fusion tbh.

As Chris says "Stick with Compiz-Fusion"

I've been using open compositing since the project started, up until
recently Beryl was the most stable and reliable version however since
'burying the hatchet' the re-merge of Beryl and Compiz has created an
awesome desktop GUI experience.

3D has now been fixed and smspillaz is working on a GUI for GIT I blogged
about this the other day http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk

--
Regards

Dick Turpin

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution for
intermediate and advanced Linux users. Utilising a Rolling Release System
packages are regularly updated and an ISO release is just a snapshot to the
stable packages at that time. So there's no need for a fresh install the
command 'pacman –Syu' upgrades the whole system.