[Wolves] Hidden files in Ubuntu 7.04

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Sun Oct 7 11:59:47 BST 2007

> Another question! In Ubuntu 7.04 when I want to save or open a file I and
> the file browser opens it also shows hidden files. I have checked that he
> hidden files option is not selected in Nautilus. Any ideas how I can turn
> this off as it is quite annoying when you are trying to look for files?

The filepicker window doesn't pay attention to Nautilus' settings. If
you right-click on the list of files in the file browser itself, it
has a "show hidden files" option which you'll be able to turn off.

One more thing to add to my list of why there shouldn't be filepicker windows :)

sil

--
New Year's Day --
everything is in blossom!