[Wolves] Google repositories

ArchLinuxUser dick_turpin dick_turpin at archlinux.us
Thu Oct 11 07:05:28 BST 2007

On 10/10/2007, Ron Wellsted <ron at wellsted.org.uk> wrote:

> As discussed at the meeting tonight:
>
> http://www.google.com/linuxrepositories/index.html
>
> Latest Google Earth, Picasa etc.

Hey Ron (How you doin?)

I'd seen this feature banded around a while ago, its an excellent discussion
topic so I wished I had been there but as we all know I cant do Wednesdays.

Is this another way for Google to gather info about you and your system? I'm
not saying thats good or bad just musing really

Will we all one day just use GoogleLinux? I mean I already have numerous
Gmail accounts with on-line office packages, maps, communities, groups etc,
I also purchase stuff through one of my Google/Gmail accounts.

I for one will stick with mirrorservices et al for my repos until they too
get swallowed up by Google ;-)

--
Regards

Dick Turpin

Arch Linux is an independent i686-optimized community distribution for
intermediate and advanced Linux users. Utilising a Rolling Release System
packages are regularly updated and an ISO release is just a snapshot to the
stable packages at that time. So there's no need for a fresh install the
command 'pacman –Syu' upgrades the whole system.