[Wolves] webrowsers and jre plugin

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 18:30:18 BST 2007

Kevanf1 wrote:
> On 11/10/2007, leei at webmail.co.za <leei at webmail.co.za> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Thanks for all your help thus far.
>>
>> I am using Fedora 7 and I have Java working as lime wire is working but
>> Java apps will not work in Firfox 2.*** and in Oprah web browsers.
>>
>> How do I get Java working with my web browsers.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Lee

1. Download the RPM-packaged version of the JRE from Sun web site.
2. Install it with RPM as normal.
3. Enter the following as root:

cd /usr/lib/firefox-2.0.0.5/plugins
ln -s /usr/java/jre1.6.0_02/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so

(Version numbers may need editing depending on which package versions
are current at the time that you install it).

4. (Re-)Start Firefox under your normal user account.
5. On the main menu bar, select "Edit", "Prefrences" and click on "Content".
6. Ensure that "Enable Java" is ticked, then click "OK".

If you need the specific download URL then I could dig it out for you,
or alternatively just e-mail the RPM (approx. size: 18Mb)

Regards,

James