[Wolves] Upgrading Ubuntu 7.04 to 7.10

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 14:09:33 GMT 2007

On 30/10/2007, leei at webmail.co.za <leei at webmail.co.za> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry to bother you all again.
>
> I am currently using Ubunutu 7.04 and want to upgrade to 7.10
>
> I have downloaded all the upgrades for Ubuntu 7.04 via the upgrade manager
> as per the link below:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GutsyUpgrades
>
> After I have done the upgrades the upgrade manager does not report that
> there is a new version of Ubuntu for me to upgrade to. I am currently
> using the South African repository.
>
> Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to fix the problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Lee

Do you mean that it is saying there isn't an upgrade or that there is
an upgrade?  If it is the latter, that, once you have actually
upgraded and are running 7.10 it still says that there is an upgrade
then ignore it.  There is a very well documented bug that Apt keeps
saying that there is an upgraded version available.  You go through
the process only to find that there isn't actually anything to
upgrade.  As I say, it's very well documented.  I was one of the first
to send it in but there have been hundreds after me.  Hopefully it
will fixed before too long...