[Wolves] Upgrading Ubuntu 7.04 to 7.10

Russell Phillips russ at phillipsuk.org
Tue Oct 30 14:54:29 GMT 2007

leei at webmail.co.za wrote:

> I did the update for 7.04 and it did all the upgrades in an hour. In the
> list of the upgrades the upgrade to 7.10 was not in the list and when I
> went back to the upgrade manager it was empty.
>
> This is fresh new installation of 7.04. The only other packages that I
> have installed are squid and bind9.
>
> Must I just run the apt programs from the command line?

You shouldn't need to use the command line. I recently upgraded my
Ubuntu 7.04 desktop to 7.10 with no problems.

Note that 7.10 won't appear in the list of updates, instead there should
be a notification near the top of the window that says a newer version
is available, with an "Upgrade" button.

I just followed the instructions at
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading and it all worked fine.

Russ