[Wolves] is there any way to write to a file without chmod 777

Philip Harper ph004h7245 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 23:01:52 BST 2007

I want a user to be able to update their web pages easily, so I'm using
FCKeditor, which is great.  The only problem is of course, to then save
the results back to the html file, you need to make it world writable,
and not a good idea when it is in the web docs root directory.  Is there
any way to do this easily, it has to work with all web hosting accounts
that have PHP without needing special permissions?  The only other way I
can think of doing it, is storing the content that the user can change
in a MySQL database, and then writing any edits back to the database, so
MySQL looks after the security.

Btw....Not been at linux meets as I'm down the waterfront weds nights
doing a business course.