[Wolves] Smart phones and Viruses

Re-LoaD reload at brum2600.net
Thu Aug 7 17:14:21 BST 2008

Kris Douglas wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Re-LoaD <reload at brum2600.net> wrote:
>> dick_turpin wrote:
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> Now here's something I'd not thought about, anti-virus program for smart
>>> phones and PDAs, well why would I we're not mobile phone sellers.
>>>
>>> ESET Nod32 sent me a Partner News Letter today talking about ESET Mobile
>>> Antivirus, of course at the moment this only applies to Windows based units.
>>>
>>> Just a thought, now where did I put that Linux Virus?
>> I have it safe and sound for you just click this link and answer yes to all
>> questions..
>>
>> http://www.letme0wnj00.com/thatlinuxvirus.asp
>
> ASP won't get you very far :D

not that I program in ASP (Anally Sensitive Programming) anyway but most
people will download a phone app to the pc first and then install it to
the phone, so the point I was making has nothing to do with the phone
more exploiting that weak link again..... Humans

> Still, the massive variations on Linux platforms means that the virus
> has to be designed for your system, meaning they aren't always the
> best at being hacked.

the same is true for car ECU's but that hasn't stopped me ;)
roll on the WiFi/bluetooth ECU