[Wolves] Smart phones and Viruses

Adam Sweet adam at adamsweet.org
Thu Aug 7 17:19:24 BST 2008

Kris Douglas wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Re-LoaD <reload at brum2600.net> wrote:
>> dick_turpin wrote:
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> Now here's something I'd not thought about, anti-virus program for smart
>>> phones and PDAs, well why would I we're not mobile phone sellers.
>>>
>>> ESET Nod32 sent me a Partner News Letter today talking about ESET Mobile
>>> Antivirus, of course at the moment this only applies to Windows based units.

I think, on the whole, the fact that an AV vendor makes a product for
Window Mobile devices only speaks for itself...

>>> Just a thought, now where did I put that Linux Virus?
>> I have it safe and sound for you just click this link and answer yes to all
>> questions..

> Still, the massive variations on Linux platforms means that the virus
> has to be designed for your system, meaning they aren't always the
> best at being hacked.

On the other hand though, Symbian, which I believe is the mobile phone
market leader, running most Nokias as well a good deal of other
manufacturers' handsets has had quite a few vulns in the last few years.

Ad