[Wolves] Cable Wireless Router recommendations

Stephen Welch bigfishinnet at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 12 16:55:35 UTC 2008

Hi Phil,

2008/8/12 Philip Oakley <philip.oakley at yahoo.co.uk>:
> Hi
>
> I have just got cable broadband from Virgin Media. Could anyone recommend a
> good wireless router. My main machine is Ubuntu.
>
> Many thanks for any advise.

Have you considered a switch and std wireless access point.  In my
experience these wireless routers dont last too long so a long term
option may be use the existing virgin modem (they used to supply that)
coupled with a switch and access point or a good quality cable router
and firewall (may be netgear?) with a dlink access point or something.
 Draytek is good kit for home / small business use.

Stephen