[Wolves] Accounting Packages

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 20:35:05 UTC 2008

2008/8/14 Simon B <simonb at geek-web.co.uk>:
> Hi all,
>
> I know it was asked a long long time ago, but I'm still at a loss...
>
> Can someone recommend me a Linux based alternative to Sage Line 50?
> Otherwise I'll be running windoze in virtualbox with sage 50.
>
> I'd require the software to be able to invoice, as well as handle the
> purchase, sales and nominal ledgers, taxes and year end would be an
> advantage, but the ledgers and invoicing is the most important part...
> oh and a cash book (from sage) equiv, ie able to give me the current
> balances of accounts...
>
> Suggestions??
>
> OH and as of next month I shall be trying to attend meets again...
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon B.

As far as I know there isn't a 'free' open source accounting package
that comes anywhere near as complex as SAGE.  I speak from bitter
experience of SAGE :-(  It's possible that there is a commercial
package that will run on Linux though, I have a feeling I read about
something like that not too long ago.  For the life of me I cannot
remember where though, sorry.