[Wolves] Open source guitar pedal!

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 28 18:17:21 UTC 2008

Zeth wrote:
> 2008/8/26 Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk>:
>
>> OpenStomp Coyote-1  http://www.engadget.com/tag/openstomp
>>
>> I don't like guitar pedals but I still want one. I'm sure the Jokosher
>> crew will too.
>>

> I don't see no repo for the source code or firmware, i.e. like the
> OpenMoko has. Open Source and Open Hardware does not mean you can
> reprogram it a bit. Maybe I am missing something? Anyway direct link
> to the webpage here: http://www.openstomp.com/
No but he's clearly a hardware guy. I think the intention is there. See
the main page

"The Coyote-1 O/S is open source so users can tweak it to behave any way
they like, and the hardware is fully documented so that developers can
take control of the whole pedal, dedicating all available system
resources toward the implementation of unique custom solutions." ...
"I dreamed that a community of effect artists might one day spring up
and be able to share their work with each other. ...
"Patches and modules can be exchanged on the Parallax Propeller forums,
and I'll be working to create a user patch/module library on this website"