[Wolves] EeePC eat my girls iPod's

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 28 19:46:45 UTC 2008

Adam Sweet wrote:
> Kevanf1 wrote:
>
>> Speaking from the experience of my youngest two (20 and 17 yrs) it
>> would seem that iPods are rather flaky at the best of times.  They've
>> both had to do that reboot thingy with them.  My oldest has an Archos
>> mp3 player and has never had any trouble with it whatsoever... I know
>> what I'd choose.  Oh, the wife also has an Archos and hers has been
>> perfect for over two years now.
>>

> I dropped my bag on my beloved Cowon iAudio X5...
>
> The Cowon iAudio A2 or A3 look nice, or I might get another X5. I've
> been incredibly happy with apart from the fact that all of the
> non-headphone sockets are on this stupid extra connector which attaches
> to the bottom (and breaks when you drop a bag on it).
>
> I just wanted to share my sadness.
>
> Ad
My boy got the lead between the unit and control panel jammed in a door.
Not even Dr. Monkey-Sailor could fix. No-one in the UK could supply a
replacement even though it is the same as the X5.

We liked the A3 too but it's big, expensive and heavy on batteries.
These days you only get big hard drives on Ogg players if they are also
video players. I finally realised that the Cowan D2 16GB has an SDHC
slot. It was £159 from AdvancedMP3Players.co.uk and came with a free
'crystal case' to protect everything but the screen. It's tiny.

Woo