[Wolves] Remote SSH

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Tue Dec 9 19:48:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 19:37 +0000, Dave Foster wrote:
> I used to run an ubuntu webserver, and had it configured for ssh,
> however, this only ever worked internally, as I couldn't figure out
> how to configure my router. I have since moved to sky broadband and
> have a sagem router, do I need to buy a decent router to do this? or
> can I do it with mine?

It depends on which sagem router Sky have provided. The feature you want
is port forwarding. You will need to forward port 22 on your ubuntu web
server, to a port (22 if you want) on your router.

PortForward.com is an _excellent_ site for this, find your router on

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

and follow the instructions. Alex